Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Military Museum :Bangladesh Independence Day Outing

Yesterday was Bangladesh's Independence day. And, for the first time in my life, I decided to celebrate it by well, dressing up in Flag color codes sari. That was all fine, but a tad bit ironic since now, I'm a US citizen! huh! LOL

These days, I think, everyone celebrates everything just to be able to use the excuse either for dressing up, eating out, taking pics, posting nonstop nonsenses on FB pages etc etc etc and very rarely, I think, people these days celebrate because well, they genuinely care about the actual "event" or "cause" and so on.

Unfortunately, I went on a outing yesterday using the excuse to wear Green and Red color combo sari and have Eliana wear the same color combo dress and take some pics. So sad, but true!

Funny thing was, after all that prep (like choosing the sari to wear weeks ago...deciding the spot we would go to) when we actually went to visit the Military Museum (something that I noticed ever since I arrived in this city, but never got a chance to go...and I think, yesterday was a good timing) we were done within 30 minutes! What! All that shindig for 30 minutes of outing? Sadly that was the case, as it was bit hot and all we did was walk toward the museum (there were some tanks and canons set up along the way) and came back up and took tons of pics. We didn't enter the museum since hubs didn't feel like it as he thought there won't be much to see, and it won't be worth to get into that crowd. And, of course, miss E was acting little careless (she hardly smiled as sun was right on her)....

Nonetheless, a good decision to go out since we didn't venture outside after coming back from our little family vacation, which was almost a week ago!!

p.s: It took me almost whole day to finish up this post. Why? Cause there were power outage at least 3 times while I was posting...and each time it goes out for 1 hour! OMG...life in beyond at this moment sucks!

















No comments:

Post a Comment