Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dumiok Restaurant: Korean Food in Dhaka

So, on the 28th to celebrate my lil miss E's 7 months b-day we went to Dumiok Restaurant in Banani area. I went there for a very important "errand", but also had this in mind that I would visit this restaurant at the same shot. Sort of killing two birds with one stone kind of scenario. Banani area is not close to where I am staying currently. So, it's a no brainer to do these two things on a same outing all the way there.

My actual task, which was to change our return flight to New York was a major fail. I kind of knew it.That. It would happen. So, wasn't majorly disappointed there. Anyway, now, off to talk about food at the Dumiok.

Dumiok is a Korean restaurant. It seems like Dhaka, now has pretty significant Korean expats. This restaurant is adjacent to its bakery, of which products I tried few weeks ago. It was nothing earth shattering tasty, but pretty decent. And then I had the opportunity of trying their food the other day.

Menu is overwhelmingly Korean. I'm surprised nothing was Bengalized over there. And, while we were there however number of patrons we saw, were also overwhelmingly all Koreans. So, it's pretty authentic in that sense. I mean, I would think it was since Koreans were eating at a Korean restaurant! LOL I LOVE few Korean dishes, and among those is Bibimbap! I knew, I would try that. They had their usual flare of beef bar-b-q stuffs, octopus etc. We probably would have tried the beef bbq had we not had little miss E with us. She was quite a handful to deal with. Anyway, we had bibimbap, which was vegetarian (no meat) with an egg poached on top. So, we needed some meaty stuffs, and we ordered a dish called "chicken with garlic sauce", which didn't sound much Korean-y, but when we saw it, it did seem a bit different than the usual ones I would see in a Chinese restaurant. Food was good. I didn't care for the taste of chicken. Bibimba was mmmmmm!!!! And then came the bill, with two bibimbap dishes, one chicken dish, two sprites the total came about 2400something BDT, approximately $30.00. hmmmm...can't say it was expensive, but considering we were in Dhaka, can't say it was cheap either. But we had to try. I'm glad I did. At least if for nothing else, I can recommend it to someone who likes Korean food!

And here are the pics!

Assorted vege appetizers that come beforehand, which includes Kimchee...



Bibimbap


 Chicken dish
And bibimbap after mixing it all together..mmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment