Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dhaka supermarkets :where I feel a bit of home.......

when nothing else is as charming in this city. Was bored out of my skull and then thought may be I should go out. In a city where traffic jams are abound, places of entertainment simply don't exists, supermarkets that are sort of self serving western style are THE place for me to hang out. So, decided to take a stroll in couple of those this afternoon. But this expedition wasn't easy one. First of all, I needed to make the most important call to my mom asking for their car. And this brings to another point that in a city of rickshaw ironically I don't feel safe on the streets if I am not riding a car. Riding rickshaw is simply out of the syllabus. It's way too damn scary as I often joke that people who think Great American ride at the Six Flags is scary, they surely need to ride a rickshaw in this crazy city and they'll totally change their minds and agree that a rickshaw ride in Dhaka city is indeed the scariest! Anyway, so once the car was here (where I'm at now) we proceeded to our outing. The other reason why this wasn't an easy expedition was also cause of me bebe. I had to decide which supermarket to go to (had to be the one/s relatively close by) in case baby starts to fuss and we can take an exit pronto and come home. And that's what happened! As I also made a point to go to my all time favorite store in Dhaka "Aarong" (thanks God for that!), baby started to fuss! If it wasn't for her I could have spent hours there roaming around and simply admiring their unique handy crafts products! Anyway, back to the main point of this post that it's only at couple of specific supermarkets is where find peace! Probably cause only places like that makes me feel like I'm at my home... New York (well, mini version) cause those are the only places that are neat and clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment