Monday, January 23, 2012

Ajo Restaurant : My First stop in Dhaka eating

So, I've been reading about this restaurant Ajo for a while before I came here. And for the obvious reason I wanted to try it out. This little "restaurant/cafe" is hiding inside Dhaka Art Center. Honestly, if I didn't know already that this cafe exists here, there is no way of telling if one crosses the Art center. Not much of publicity from the street, but plenty online. It just seemed little different from looking at their pictures on their FB page. We went the other day to have some early evening snacks. It was my sis, my cousin, little niece and my baby. Food was okay, a little on the spicy side. Really. Even their pasta with white sauce was spicy! Anyway, we had two types of rolls-chicken and beef, I had pasta with white sauce, my cousin had paste with meat sauce, and milk shakes. Yea, I get it way too much for snacks. And since when pasta is considered snack? LOL I liked the food, and as for the ambiance....hmm, what can I say? It seemed like it's a place for couple to make out. yikes. And a place for bunch of teenagers/young adults to act "cool" by smoking  and conversing in Banglish (mixture of English and Bangla), and touching each other (opposite sex) for no apparent reason. huh!


Would I go back there? Yes, food is worthy of a second visit. But if you don't want to ruin your appetite from seeing couple doing PDA then don't go. Well, not great pics of food ever taken, here it is nonetheless,



No comments:

Post a Comment