Sunday, January 29, 2012

6 months old : Half a year already!

Well, my sweet cutie pie turned 6 months yesterday! Honestly though I was waiting for this day to come ASAP so that I can just have the pleasure of saying "my baby is half a year old"! huh! Now that she IS half a year old, suddenly I want time to really crawl, not walk or run. Just crawl at the slowest pace possible. And deep down I know that this is actually the start of time running even faster.

So since she turned 5 months, the updates are:

She had her first New Year's Eve! Nothing happened. Clock turned 12 a.m., and we heard noise of some fireworks and we took our first pics of 2012 wearing just whatever we were wearing, no dressing up. And just as clock hit 12, she decided to throw her first poop of the year in the diaper, it was mad hilarious. And of course, I had to say that in my FB status that the first thing I was doing to celebrate the New Year was clean up my daughter's shit. Literally. Beauty of motherhood. :))

Okay, now I'm trying to remember what else happened. This is what I get for not writing the draft as we go along (like one of my last posts on her)! We spent about 5 days at her grandparent's house (father's side). It was okay, mad boring for me. First day was fun though. She got to meet two of my husband's aunts and their children. They all adore her, really. And then she met one dreaded person. I will not name that dreaded person. Will just call her " the dreaded person:" . Anyway, it was okay while it lasted. And it's been more than a week we are back at my parent's house and time is soon approaching for another visit.


Well, my sis, her second mother if you will went back to New York and now the poor thing will watch her grow via Skype for the time being. :(

Ohhhhh, I took her to my niece's ped the other night to have her 6 months check up. I was very curious to find out how much she weigh of all things. It was an interesting experience in and itself and it really deserves a post of its own. Though here I will say this much that she has been growing, so, I guess no worries. She has gained about 3lb since her 4 months check up. I am SO HAPPY.


Well, on the 26th of January, 2 days shy of her 6 months birthday, she tasted her first ever solid food!! YAY! And drum roll please....!! It was papaya from my aunt's garden (or so I thought..anyway), and Eli baby's reaction was just priceless! That poor thing didn't really know what to do with it when I put the bowl in front of her with couple of pieces smashed with my fingers. Since she didn't know, I took a bit on my finger tips and put it in her mouth and she did.not.like.it! Relief. Really, in all seriousness I'm not in a rush to give her anything other than breast milk yet as I want to do Baby Led Weaning. So, when everyone in the family was making comments about how apparently I'm torturing her by not giving solid foods, I just had to give her something to shut them up. I will surely revisit this experience, but just not gonna happen until she actually tries to grab my food, which she hasn't done and looks like she is far from doing it.

Though she can sit up now without assistance, will topple sometimes fast and other time will stay seated. She definitely LOVES to sit, so, it's all good I guess. She is also talking up the storm. She can say words like "dada", "nana", "amma", "abba"...because well, these are the easiest sounds to make! We all enjoy her babbling though so very much.


Also, she does seem to start the "teething" process, or what others call it she is at  "pre-teething" stage. I did put the teething necklace that I brought from New York (bought online) and who knows, she seems to fuss lot less last couple days when the necklace was on her for longer period of time. I hope it works its wonder like people say it does!

All I can say is though last six months were really hard in some ways, but it was the most precious time of my life and I am eagerly waiting for lot more of these precious moments to enjoy and savor!

No comments:

Post a Comment