Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My take on Vegetarian Chili

When you are having meat aversion but craving Chili what do you do then? You eat Vegetarian Chili! Simple.
 
Couple of months ago that was exactly what was happening to me. I wanted to eat chili badly, but not the one with meat. So, I looked online for a recipe and found Emeril Lagasse's Vegetarian Chili recipe, which had pretty good customer rating. It was cold February day and perfect for a  bowl of hot Vegetarian Chili. I followed the recipe, however, not to a T. I made some changes, didn't add vegetables that either I didn't like ever or didn't care for that time.
 
Changes I made: I didn't have broth on hand, so I used plain water and it worked perfectly well.  I didn't use mushroom, caz I never liked those. I like corn, but then I didn't want to eat, so didn't use. I added cucumber to the mix. I also didn't add cumin spice, just didn't care for it that time.
 
Here is how my Vegetarian Chili turned out! It was yummy...yumm yumm yumm...
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment