Thursday, December 29, 2011

Five months: One of the best to date...lots of memories..Met her father is the highlight!

So, today on her 4th month bday she got second dose of vaccines. And she got fever now. My poor baby has been crying so much it was just sad. So I gave her first ever medicine Tylenol. Now she's sleeping and ate a little. I was really dreading this dose. Why did I have a feeling that this time she might get fever? And of course she did and we're going to fly in 2 days! Well praying that the medicine works pronto.

So, okay it wasn't too bad, her fever that was! Med worked pretty well and she recovered quickly, thanks God for that. She was just bit quiet that's all. Our flight to Dubai was very good. She was an way better than I ever could imagine or hoped for. Really. I got a seat in between two other men, which totally freaked me out! All I thought how on earth I can breastfeed this one as it was seat was so uncomfy (I mean seat wasn't uncomfy after all it was A380! but positioning a baby in that seat while sandwiched between two strange men was UNCOMFY for sure). So, I asked the one on the left side to switch seat with me. Initially he had a rather pussy fit, but later he changed before take off, thankfully. Later he apologized for his pussy fit and said he was really tired when he just got on the plane. WHATEVER. Since, the flight was around the time when baby usually goes to sleep, it was rather convenient. She did sleep in the bassinet, but of dear! That damn bassinet is not that big either. She fit for sure but just right. She did wake up few times but as soon as I took her on my lap and held her, rocked her she went back to sleep. At times, I just kept her on my lap and we both slept like that. Once Sonia came over and took her and walked with her. Over all, flight was good to Dubai. But on the flight from Dubai to Dhaka she was a bit of a hot mess, thanks to the seat belt that was provided for her. As soon as the air hostess put on the seat belt on her, she went ballistic. She cried and screamed. It wasn't too bad as there were other kids and they did the same. LOL Anyway, I tried to BF her but she wont do it. Then crew offered me to give her milk like formula, I thanked and said, thanks but no thanks. All I cared was she doesn't get that air pressure thing in her ears, which she didn't. Anyway, after the take off Sonia took her and walked her calmed her down and she fell asleep. Sonia took her to her seat, right behind me and she slept on her lap on the entire 4 hours flight! phew!

So, on Dec 6, 2011 Baby got to meet her father for the first time. Like I will never forget the day she was born, I won't forget this day either. It was nice. Not too much emotion shown on either side. haha

She met her grandparents from my side the same day as well. Couple of days later, she went to her father's house and met her grand parents from that side.

And now, as it's really cold in Dhaka and just about everyone is sick with cold, baby got her first cold too. boo hoo... I didn't want to give her med, but one day it kind of felt bad her nose was so damn congested I took her to our regular family doc, who we used to see when we were little. He prescribed a cold med, a drop for nose and guess what? An antibiotic! WHAT? Anyway, I just used nasal drop to clear the nose, had no intention of giving the rest. But it seemed it wasn't working and after getting some scolding from my parents I ended up giving her just the cold med. I don't know whether it worked or not, she seems better today! I've my fingers crossed. Though I decided not to give her anymore, I think, I gave her about 5 days of dosage. Now, I wanna leave it at that. Still her nose gets congested, but hopefully, it's not gonna get too bad. It's the damn cold wind that makes things bad every time she gets a bit better!  Oh and how I regret not bringing more of her winter clothes!

So, she turned 5 months yesterday and we just happened to go to Khazana to eat! It was a pure coinsident, we didn't go there to specially celebrate!

Happy 5 months to my darling :))

p.s. hopefully it's obvious that I wrote this entry as I went along....

No comments:

Post a Comment