Friday, December 30, 2011

Our Dubai Stopover Trip: Arrival

Our flight landed sometime around 8 p.m. Passing through passport control was a breeze. Once we got to luggage claim, I saw a baby care room and needed to use it while sis waited for the bags to arrive. It was nice that there was a chair in that room and was able to nurse my baby. I really liked this amenity of DXB. Once I got back to luggage claim area I noticed there were guys in Red (?) shirts and asked the information center what they were doing. Apparently they were porters. My face instantly lit up, caz I needed one badly. So, needless to say I hired two pronto as one wasn't enough. They got all our bags and took us to outside taxi area. Before I even knew it, our luggage was being loaded in the car, a people carrier. And then I noticed that next to our taxi line there was those Pink taxis lined up, and I was so distracted to see those women taxi driver's dress up! It was interesting to see them in tight pink color clothing and a hijab, which I don't think go together (tight fitting cloths and hijab). But I digress. Paid the porters their charge 20 AED each and a tip. Once in the car, I asked the driver to drive slow as I have a baby and he cheerfully replied, "oh don't worry, baby is sleeping". Huh! I told him I wasn't asking him to drive slow caz baby was sleeping, her getting up from sleep due to his fast/reckless driving was least of my worries, I was worried of accidents and the fact that baby was on my lap sans car seat! eek. Anyway, we got to hotel-Corp Executive Hotel Apartments  (link to my review on Trip Advisor)in time, checked in, no problem and the rest is history LOL..more posts later..

No comments:

Post a Comment