Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chittagong Trip : Foy's Lake, Sea World & Resort, and a Happy First Birthday!

Our trip to Chittagong was wonderful! We'd so much fun! I knew I would go there while being here this time around and then, one day, heard from younger SIL that Older SIL's baby boy's first birthday was in March (which I was confused about...Feb or March). Anyway, since then I really wanted to go there around his birthday time so I could kill two birds with one stone. Visit Chittagong and enjoy his first birthday with the family. But there were lots of ummm...may be we will go or may be we won't go moments. And then, at the last minute it was-yeap, we will go and that's what we did.

Last time and my only other time I went to Chittagong was by train. It was a wonderful experience overall. And, something I would do again BUT not with a baby in tow... it took us about 9 hours to go to Chittagong from Dhaka by train. And I knew this can't be happening this time around. I'm not crazy enough to go through this lengthy journey with my little miss sunshine. Not.Happening. So, the other option was bus, which was again muy lengthy just as long as a train ride would be. So, on to the next option, a plane ride! woo hoo! Needless to say, it cost two times...mmm...scratch that 5 times more than it would cost going either by bus or train. And I was OK with that. Really. Because the trip would be only 40 minutes and not 9 hours! It was worth every single penny.

I would have given a pretty decent review of this airline, GMG, but dang thing just went out as in out of business! hooray! Still, let me say this that on 40 min flight they gave us FOOD, and we reached Chittagong and back to Dhaka SAFELY (despite bad weather induced heavy turbulence on way in to Dhaka), both flights were on time! Hooray for that, boo hoo for going out of business...well, hooray again for going out of business AFTER we took the trip! ;)





Our one day full of fun was at the Sea World Water park and resort! Here are some pics: Picture tell a thousand words, so, I will let the pictures speak millions! ;) 

 




This is where we got on a boat trip to reach Sea World




And, the views from the boat 





Hey, look, a Monkey! Actually, there were a few!





Look, a castle! LOL





And, the cake for the birthday boy! It's a sea themed cake... and, oh, how fitting!














Well, at the end of the day, we had tons of fun and, were all tired! It was really a nice day in all fronts! I need to mention this important facts that my brother in law actually got a room for us at the resort. Since we didn't mean to stay there overnight, we got away with having one room for about 9 adults and 2 babies. We were there to take rest, change, refresh etc. It seems like the management there had this as a spacial circumstance/exception...otherwise, they don't recommend this renting room for all these people to use during day time. It didn't matter though, they still charged the same price they would have had we stayed overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment